This is just a sampling of some of the family-friendly stuff happening at Night\Shift! You can also read through the descriptions of everything happening that night and judge for yourself what’s suitable for your own family.
- From 4:00 to 7:00, repurpose your Hallowe’en pumpkin by adding it to the Jack-O-Lantern-O-Rama in Civic Centre Park (at Queen and Otto streets, by Centre in the Square). City of Kitchener Ward 10 councillor Dan Glenn-Graham will be holding down the fort, protecting your pumpkins from passers-by turned smashers-by. You can also help arrange the jack-o-lanterns at 7:00.
- Grab dinner at one of the Duke Food Block restaurants, which aren’t normally open on Saturdays, starting at 7:00, and then watch the pre-show and kick-off at Vogelsang Green!
- Starting at 8:00, as part of Bike\Shift, CLIPPED Outdoors will be running some family oriented games that build knowledge of cycling and what it means to be a cyclist in Waterloo Region. Their first big game will be at 9:00, but there’ll be fun stuff earlier too!
- Also starting at 8:00, take centre stage in a live talk show interview with Cord Community After Dark. If your family’s into yoga, there’s a free DJ’d yoga class at Queen Street Yoga at 8:00 as well.
- Starting at 9:00, you can hop on a bike for an action shot (and prizes!) in our “show us your bike face” photo booth – kid-sized bikes will be available. Or stop by the Queen St. Commons to check out The Picto-Path and help make a vibrant community entrance-way to the main KPL branch during construction. Kids may also enjoy experimenting with Jennifer Gough’s interactive installation in the hallway of the Walper Terrace Hotel.
- Also starting at 9:00: get your kids to add their ideas to the Simple Pleasures Chalkboard in Hall’s Lane.
- If 10:30 isn’t too late, check out Best Intentions, a glow-in-the-dark juggling performance in Civic Centre Park.